BIO'actif 9 – Biofuels: prospecting in microalgae
- Disability and employment: a special measure signed to put skills and competencies first.
- Vincent Artero: Académie des Sciences prizewinner.
- Two young researchers awarded “ERC Starting Grants”.
- HélioBiotec: one step closer to renewable fuel.
- 7.6 million Euros to develop new cell-based assays.
- Young doctor wins ARC anti-cancer award.
Biofuels: prospecting in microalgae.
Even today, microalgae are already being exploited to produce high-value-added molecules, but process yields need to be increased and production costs decreased before algal fuel can become a viable reality. The CEA’s Life Sciences Division is participating in the global algal fuel research effort by mobilizing its teams’ expertise in microalgae culture, selection, metabolism and genomics.
- Medical imaging of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Improved characterization of microorganisms in their natural habitat.
- Protein filaments for DNA repair.
- Final touches to new fluorescent probes.
- Deeper description of in-protein motion.
- Hydrogen as an energy source for ‘extreme-living’ bacteria.
- Launch of the international PhD recruitment drive.
- Reader survey. Canvassing our readers for their opinion!
Get your free paper-print or digital copies of upcoming issues of BIO'actif: just fill out the subscription form.